Look at our Photos and follow the latest News!
Logo Via Francigena
The Via Francigena is also in Oulx!

Church Saint Gregory the Great -Savoulx

The church of Saint Gregory the Great built from 1451 is situated at 3km from Oulx in the village of Savoulx. The building with the slim tower bell in romanesque-dolphinal style has been renovated between 1662 and 1673 in the apse area preserving its original structure. Inside there are some particular frescoes decoration dated back of the first part of the 16th century, and on the upper part of the altar some scenes from the Saint Anthony Abbot’s life has been brought to light recently The furniture is of great importance : the wooden choir stall is dated back of 1555, the Badalone of the 17th century, and the carved and golden retable dated back of 1662-1673 is attributed to sculptor of Embrun Jacques Jesse .

Click here to see and download the image
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email