The Des Ambrois path has been inaugurated in 2011 to introduce the figure of Minister Des Ambrois -the most illustrious citizen of Oulx-, through the places that have characterized his life, and it is formed by 10 stops with illustrative panels : 1.Square Garambois: Here there is the starting point with a big illustrative panel with the Oulx Map, news and indications with the things to see in the town and in the villages near by 2. Gardens D’la Tour: The historical centre of Oulx is divided into two different settlements called in the d’Oc language Viérë (Upper part) and Plan (Lower village ): to reach the first a beautiful stone chaircase which was part of the ancient family Des Ambrois palace starts from the Garden of D’La Tour and the mill. The garden is nowadays a public park 3. The Dolphinal Tower :The tower is situated in the Upper part of the town, near by the Saint Mary Church, reachable following the small lane of the Tower( from via Des Ambrois) or following the chaircase of the Garden d’la Tour. Built during the second half of the 14th century the tower has been incorrectly named Saracen and wasn’t thought as a military building but as a residencial house. Des Ambrois restored it saving from decline . 4. Square Mistral .The little square dedicated to the French Occitan poet Mistral -Nobel Prize for literature in 1904- was once known as the Common Oven’s square where the whole community baked its bread, each family collaborated at the fire with their wood pieces. Restored in 2001, is still nowadays used during several town celebrations such as Saint Sebastian Day (20 january) patron of the la Viérë. The square is embellished by the Fountain which was used for the animal watering while the covered public wash house fed by a particular spring was used for domestic needs. 5. House Bermond :As all the ancient buildings of the town is composed by two different parts: an agricultural part, with stables and barns and a residencial one. The house is composed by a beautiful 17th century two floor palace facing on Des Ambrois street and by a wide inner court closed on each side .On that court is facing the ancient building dating back of the 16th century, nowadays with agricultural functions, but before used as family residencial house . 6. House Des Ambrois :Here was born on the 30 october 1807 Louis François Des Ambrois De Nevache, minister of King Charles Albert, president of the Senat of the Reign of Italy and editor of the Status of that nation. He was the latest member of his family, for that he let the house to a nephew from Exilles, the lawyer Vittorio Odiard secretary of the Minister of the Interior. The palace and its historical finds are preserved in a very good state: there are some portraits of the members of the family dating back of the 16th century , a roman milestone found during the Frejus railway line construction, and a portrait of Captain La Cazette. 7. House Gally :House Gally, once House Bonnet, is classified as an historical monument and is one of the oldest buildings in Oulx dating back of the 15th century .The very particular façade is decorated with projecting elements with a beautiful portal with the initials of the ancient owners situated in a little narrow street that separates the house from the Des Ambrois palace 8. House Prat :This house is composed by two buildings which are separated by a wide courtyard ans embellished by a garden on the back. The family Faure Brazet, later Brazet La Combe, has been of a very important role in the administration of the Escarton of Oulx. Marie Therese Prat, Des Ambrois’ mother was born here in 27 december 1787 9. House of the sundials (now House Roux) : The Roux House is positioned on the Ancient Route to Mont Genevre and was a sort of exchange station of the post horses: here lodged the Captain La Cazette attracted by the elegance, simplicity and beautiful display of the palace: a beautiful sundia lsituated on the southern façade, and two others of small dimensions are placed in the inner court on the southern and western walls with the motto “Comptons les par nos bienfaits” and“Ultima multis”. 10. House of captain La Cazette (now House Ambrosiani): This palace has been the house of a lot of illustrated people: between them, Jean Arlaud–Captain La Cazette commander of the catholic troops during the religion wars between Catholics and Waldenses who was murdered here, Des Ambrois family, King of France Louis XIII, Richelieu Cardinal and the Duque of Orleans. This building of the 16th century was one of the most beautiful houses of the village .