Look at our Photos and follow the latest News!
Logo Via Francigena
The Via Francigena is also in Oulx!

Saint Bartholomew church-Chateau Beaulard

The Saint Bartholomew Martyr church with the big romanesque -dolphinal style tower bell visible from far away is situated in the middle of the village of Chateau Beaulard – at 1500 mt high and 10 km from Oulx – which typical centre has preserved the original architectural origin . At the beginning it was a simple chapel enlarged in 1493 when the community had the right to be independent from Beaulard. The building has been renovated during the centuries and for the most in the first part of the 18th century with some changing in the structure and decorative parts. The construction of the retable of the main altar is dated 1736, inside of it is situated the painting of the Martiridom of Saint Bartolomew from the workshop of the painters Dufour of Saint Michel de Maurienne dated back of the end of the 17th century, while the painting of the Martiridom of Rosary is dated back of 1742 by Chaffrey Faure.

Click here to see and download the image
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email